- Stay Connected
- Legislative Advocacy
Professional Development, Continuing Education, and Training Opportunities
ULA 1st TIme Conference Attendees Scholarship
ULA First time Conference Attendee Scholarship
First-Time Conference scholarships are designed to support a library employee or library student to
attend a library conference for the first time. The conference must be a major state, regional or
national library conference that is held outside a 50-mile radius of the library of employment. The
number of awarded grants will be determined by available revenues generated by ULA for this
project and may change in quantity from year to year.
Specific Guidelines for First Time Conference Scholarship:
1) The completed application must be received by ULA 60 calendar days prior to the start date
of the proposed conference. In order to take advantage of Early Bird Conference deadlines,
please submit the grant application as early as possible. Applications should be submitted as
attachments through email.
2) Applications should include a completed and signed application as a pdf file or scanned
document. A link to the conference website or brief description of the conference.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3) Applicants must be current members of ULA.
4) First-Time Conference Scholarships will cover the following types of conference expenses:
conference registration, lodging, and airfare or mileage. Pre-Conference fees, meals, and
airport shuttle or taxi fees are NOT eligible conference expenses. Airline baggage fees are
allowable expenses, though they will be limited to one bag fee traveling to the event and one
bag fee traveling from the event.
5) First-Time Conference Scholarships have a maximum award amount of $250. Local match
by the library or the individual will need to cover all additional costs of attending the
conference; however, there is no required match for this grant type.
6) After receiving funding for conference attendance, second or third applications from the
same individual in the same fiscal year will be prioritized pending available funds
Professional Development and Training Programs