Mentoring and Training from Utah State Library
Trading Spaces Mentoring Program
"RU Redy? Scenario Planning & Collaboration among Libraries and Archives to Improve Disaster Preparedness for Collections"
Finally, the event we've all been waiting for. Don't wait for disaster to hit you in the side of the head. Be ready with a game plan. Learn from Randy Silverman, the disastrous teacher of the year, what it looks like to mop up after a real disaster event.
Please register today so you'll have time to prepare for this event. http://tiny.cc/ZePOL
Move the calendar forward to the month of September and click on the workshop: Vernal, UT: September 13, 2012.
Randy will help you with the details once you're registered, if you want or need help.
Audience: Public, academic, and special librarians and archivists throughout Utah. Includes Directors and those involved with keeping library collections safe and sound. That means you!
Location: Vernal, UT
Date: Thursday September 13, 2012 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sponsored by: Western States & Territories Preservation Assistance Service (WESTPAS)
Workshop instructor: Randy Silverman, Preservation Librarian, University of Utah
Goals of the “R U REDY?” workshop:
- Test emergency plans & identify areas for improvement
- Identify mechanisms for mutual aid
- Improve participants’ ability to evaluate risks (via a pre-workshop self-survey)
- Encourage participants to improve disaster preparedness
Who should attend?
When possible, send 2-3 participants from your library/archive to work together on disaster preparedness activities:
- Staff member(s) responsible for emergency preparedness
- Administrator and/or manager responsible for the building/collection
- Key members of the emergency/disaster team responsible for decision-making
Requirements for attendance:
- A written disaster plan that includes collections response/recovery
- A letter of institutional commitment to explore collaboration to optimize preparedness
- A completed 3-page vulnerability assessment (distributed 3 weeks before workshop)
Cost: No charge to the institution. Funding provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities; co-sponsored by the Utah State Library and the University of Utah Marriott Library.
Registration: Pre-registration required. Register online at: http://tiny.cc/ZePOL
Move the calendar forward to the month of September and click on the workshop: Vernal, UT: September 13, 2012. Complete and submit the registration form.
For registration assistance please contact: Alex Gingerich firstname.lastname@example.org